Dr. Corey Piva graduated from Cleveland Chiropractic College in April of 2000 and has since practiced in Missouri and Kansas. In early 2003 Dr. Piva came to Pleasant Hill to run All Star Chiropractic. In 2007 he purchased the practice and renamed the clinic Pleasant Hill Chiropractic. Never losing sight of the rich chiropractic tradition in this community from the late Dr. Stalling, Dr. Piva has strived to ensure that the clinic never lose its small town values while at the same time being one of the more state-of-the-art clinics in Missouri and Kansas. Dr. Piva’s philosophy and Christian beliefs center around a simple premise, “Treat others as you would want to be treated.“ At Pleasant Hill Chiropractic you are guaranteed that you will be treated with respect, listened to and Dr. Piva will do everything he can to get you feeling better as quickly as possible.
Dr. Piva is also certified in acupuncture and has treated thousands of patients over the last ten years. He has been trained by Dr. Been, Dr. Amaro and Dr. Tusken and continues his training yearly. Dr. Piva has vast experience in Herbs, Vitamins, Minerals and Nutritional Supplements and ensures that his patients are educated and not victim to fads and gimmicks. Dr. Piva will refer you out if your complaint warrants the expertise of another health care professionals. Dr. Piva has good relationships with MDs and DOs who specialize in Orthopedics, Cardiovascular Complaints, Endocrinologists and General Practice.
Dr Piva also has life time of experience as a competitive athlete, trainer and coach.
Details of his experience are as follows:
● 2011 – Present Assistant Soccer Coach - Shawnee Soccer Club
● 2006 – 2007 KC KAOS Semi-Pro football Team
● 2003 – 2004 Team Chiropractor with the KC Jazz Semi-Pro Football Team
● 2002 – 2004 Team Chiropractor with the KU Jay Hawks Division II Hockey Team
● 2000 – 2003 Chiropractor for A-AAA Hockey in KC
● 2000 – 2003 Head Coach Blue Valley North High School Hockey Team
● 1998 – 2000 Founder and President of the Cleveland Chiropractic Hockey Team – The Subluxators
● 1998 – 2000 President of the Cleveland Chiropractic Sports Injury Club
● 1988 – 1991 Certified with the Canadian Fitness Council
● 1988 – 1991 Played with the York University Hockey Team – Toronto, Ontario
● 1984 – 1987 Played Junior A Hockey with the Young Nationals - - Toronto, Ontario
"As a chiropractor I have worked with and treated many athletes from professionals to weekend warriors. “
Hobbies include fishing, archery, and of course, playing hockey.
● Who’s Who In Health Care
● Who’s Who Students in American Colleges and Universities.
● Certificates of Appreciation Salvation Army
● Certificate of Appreciation Star Time Riders
● 2000-2003 contributing writer to Kansas City Sports and Fitness
● 2000-2002 Working with Dr,Thomas of the University of Tennessee using eccentric contraction exercises and improving strength in MS Patients
Dr. Piva grew up in Toronto, Ontario where he attended York University on a partial academic scholarship and played hockey for the University. He also played Juniors for the Young Nationals and also has participated as an athlete and coach in sports for over 25 years.
Dr. Piva and his wife, Heidi, live in Shawnee Mission, KS with their three children, Mason and Madison and Max.
816-540-8932 • 816-987-3131